Skip to the Content

TEMA Headlines - Back  

April 28, 2011

Loose or Wandering Livestock Advisory

People in flooded or storm affected areas may come in contact with farm animals that were displaced. Loose or wandering livestock should be avoided for personal safety as animals may be distressed or become agitated. Loose or wandering livestock should be reported to local authorities such as the Sheriff’s Office or county emergency management agency.

If local and county authorities are unable to respond or need assistance in dealing with loose, unclaimed livestock, assistance will be provided to them as requested through the Tennessee Emergency Management Agency. The Department of Agriculture is prepared to provide technical assistance and to help identify resources and responders trained in handling livestock.