TEMA West Region
Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer
West Region Office
Post Office Box 1383
1510 R.E. Bailey Bypass
Jackson, TN 38302
Fax: (731) 423-6621
About the West TN Region
- The West Tennessee Region consists of 21 counties west of the Tennessee River.
- The communities involved range from the smallest unincorporated areas to the largest city in the state, Memphis.
- Regional offices are established to improve services to the local emergency management directors and agencies in the area. Services include technical guidance, information on federal and state requirements for emergency management, updates on law and regulations, technical advice on grants, NIMS and other reports required for federal funding, information on other training, and a rapid avenue to submit requests for state or other external mutual aid or assistance.
- The region consists primarily of flatlands, with few or no hills, and includes the vast floodplain areas associated with the Mississippi River.
- Major Hazards include: Flooding, severe weather, hazardous materials and earthquakes due to the New Madrid Seismic Zone.
West Region Map